Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 28, 2007

Happy 1st Birthday

We all survived the first year. But the twins weren't sure they'd survive the party.

I found a pattern to knit some birthday hats, and thought it would be fun to try and make their cakes match. I think they turned out okay.









I also found onesies that had a similar cake embroidered on it.

My sister-in-law, I thought, did something brilliant for her grandson's birthday by putting him and his cake in a Rubbermaid tub (a few years back). So to make for easy clean up we put the twins in a swimming pool. They were a little uneasy about this. With some help from cousin Taylor and Grandma C they calmed down.

Then we put cakes in with them and that confused them. They just sat and stared. Momma helped them taste the frosting which Malcolm seemed to like but Kira wasn't so sure about. Then (with more help from Momma) Malcolm tasted the cake and pudding center which was a big hit. Kira still wasn't sure about the frosting and refused to open her mouth again (for a few minutes anyway).













Things were going fairly well until we got anxious to see them make a mess. It was suggested that we help them along by putting their hands in the cake. Bad idea!













The cake fest ended quickly. They recovered after a bath and some real food. And life goes on.

1 comment:

Knowles Family said...

I love these pictures! I can't wait for Emalee to have her first born-day experience! I will take your advice and not stick her hands in the cake, no matter how long it takes! I can't wait to post "cousin" pictures on my blog after we come and visit you. Love you guys!